My feel-good song

Wednesday 2 July 2014

Sea day, swimming and sleeping

Fast facts: Four laps around the running track on the ship is equivalent to one km. Leaving the North Sea and will enter Baltic Sea by midnight.

I began my day with banana crumpets (what they actually call pancakes here) and a salmon, cream cheese and capers bagel. It is only day two on the cruise and I have forgotten what it feels like to look forward to eating. It is a sea day today which means that we do not stop at a port. Tomorrow will be our first port day in Copenhagen, Denmark. After breakfast, my mom, sisters and I went for a jewelry-making session which ended in us getting our own caricature portraits. Something we just happened to walk past after the jewelry session. We then spent majority of our day in the pool, jacuzzi and sauna. My mom decided to read and as for my dad...he slept. After my post-sauna shower I found him curled up on a deck chair snoring softly. This image of him just gave me such peace. Who would have thought that just within a few months he would have become so healthy and so relaxed that he could quietly have a snooze in a noisy pool room on a luxury cruise? Seeing him there was a blessing in itself from God.

Tonight was formal night. You can imagine how excited we were about this, having four women in a family of five. After a couple (hundred) pics, we had an amazing dinner. The rack of lamb being enjoyed with real mint jelly was the best meal of the night. The show tonight, as there is one every night, was an all-male acappella group from London called The Magnets. They were absolutely amazing. One of the members practically performed a five minute drum solo using only his mouth. I ended my night with a quiet cup of lemon and ginger tea. Looking forward to tomorrow.

















No comments:

Post a Comment