My feel-good song

Sunday 19 May 2013

Pappa Samuel's second session of treatment

Tomorrow, my dad will be going for his second session of chemotherapy.  In all honesty it has been anything, but easy.  He is experiencing plenty of the side effects including depression, weight loss, extreme nausea and stomach pain.  I do believe that the only thing keeping him going is his faith, positivism and family/friend support, but there's not many things more horrible than seeing your dad in that kind of state.  My dad is an extreme optimist and he has made use of this trait to bring us up.  One of his favourite things to say to us when we are down or stressed is "take on day at a time and one step at a time". So besides its terrible cheesiness, I am dedicating "One step at a time" by Jordin Sparks to my dad's journey. I remember it being on the radio as we drove out of Grahamstown after dropping my older sister off for her first year of varsity.  My dad phoned her and placed the phone microphone next to the car radio speaker.  That's something I've always remembered, so perhaps that means it may have been good advice.

So, this is a dedication to my Pappa Samuel. Hopefully we can invest in a beanie...I'm not sure the turban-look works so well for him...




No comments:

Post a Comment