My feel-good song

Friday 12 April 2013

The life of an amateur musician...

My best friend, Gaby, has her 21st coming up in May and since this is a birthday that is celebrated to a certain higher degree, compared to other birthdays, she has requested that I make her a CD of recordings (very bad ones) of me singing covers and I have consequently been working on it since the December holidays, 2012.  The recordings are completed using my crappy laptop microphone and the very basic computer program, Audacity.  In other words, most of them are muffled, the plectrum is hitting against my guitar and it sounds as if I'm singing into a cloud.  BUT, I am trying my best to give her at least one good song that she won't mind listening to :)

My latest recording is a cover of Rihanna's Stay.  I love this song, and I am usually one to complain about the sound of Rihanna's voice.  So, I'm not the biggest fan, but this song is one of those that you inhale as soon as it starts playing, a response to music that I have spoken about in my previous post.  I played this one on piano, instead of guitar, as it is in the song.  I used chords from ultimate guitar - http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/r/rihanna/stay_crd.htm, but I prefer to transpose it down once, as it is better suited to my voice :)  It's such a great feeling playing this song on piano and singing it...I had just been recovering from tonsillitis, so it's not perfect, but I'm too lazy to re-record :P

So, here it is - If you're wondering, I have no idea how to attach a sound clip, only a video clip, so I have to create a video in windows movie maker with some random picture and have the song playing in the background...



No comments:

Post a Comment