My feel-good song

Tuesday 30 April 2013

My Guilty Pleasures...regarding music, that is.

Before you read on...don't even think about denying the fact that you have at least one guilty pleasure song!  No music-lover is thaaat perfect!
One of my helpful friends, Wikipedia, defines a guilty pleasure as "something one enjoys and considers pleasurable despite feeling guilt for enjoying it. The guilt involved is sometimes simply fear of others discovering one's lowbrow or otherwise embarrassing tastes".

Some examples of guilty pleasures that I found are:
- Re-gifting: Giving away an odd or unwanted gift that someone gave to you, as a new gift.
- Reading OK or Heat magazine.
- Stealing blankets off of the airplane or from hotels.
- Watching Pokemon and dragon ball when you're over the age of 18.

But back to the music side of things.  I think that any 1990s baby will admit that any time that a Spice Girl song comes on, they cannot help, but sing the lyrics.  Whether this is screeching them out loud or whispering them in their head, because their own conscience is plaguing them.

Other common guilty pleasure songs are:
- Anything to do with metro-sexual boys with tenor voice-types, singing songs about love...Westlife, Backstreet Boys, Nsync, Blue etc...
- Journey - Don't stop believin'
- Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles
- Belinda Carlisle - Heaven is a place on earth
- Britney Spears
- Boston - More than a feeling
- The Ketchup Song
- Smash Mouth - All Star
- Simply Red - Something got me started

Noooow for the horrifically embarrassing part:
My guilty pleasure songs are.....................both Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber's new albums :( :( :(
Believe me, I keep asking myself why too.  But playing them just generally puts me in a good mood.  And I just may have all of the Jonas Brothers albums...hey, I have a younger sister - it's a legitimate excuse!  Good thing, this isn't too public..it's just the internet...


No comments:

Post a Comment