My feel-good song

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Aaaand I'm back

It has been more than long enough since I have posted...the holiday clearly got to me, but this post is most definitely an appropriate one for a comeback :D

Desmond and the Tutus!!!!

Yes, this amazing South African band graced us with their presence in Grahamstown this past Friday when they performed in the union.  I have always been a fan of their music, but this was honestly one of the greatest nights that I have experienced in a tragically long time.  The lead singer, Shane, is just too odd to describe, yet I'll give it a go: he shakes his long, lush, brown hair as he sings, but not in that annoying heavy metal sort-of-way.  And calling him "alternative" is just too cliche' and he would probably be extremely insulted.  His voice is probably what makes him, it's thrilling and bouncy (the first word that came to my head).  One may think he actually cannot sing because of his odd vocal techniques, but do not be fooled, when he gets down to a good old "normal" song, his voice is melodious.

The entire night was just filled with fun! The mosh pit got a bit out of hand, but I was bruise-less when I arrived and departed from Union, so I don't really see the problem.  The crowd was crazy, but not in that I'm-so-drunk-I-don't-know-where-I-am-nor-even-care-who-this-band-is-but-I'll-dance-anyway vibe. EVERYONE knew the songs and were genuinely excited to see the actual musicians!  I bought myself their band t-shirt to add to my collection.  R180 is pretty steep, but I was convinced in buying one when the band members did a role-play in the middle of their set to advertise their merchandise.  It was just too sweet to resist.

If you do not know this magical band, start knowing them because they are just too awesomely different to not give a hoot.














No comments:

Post a Comment